A Juniper vSRX SD-WAN edge device can be ordered and created on Network Edge. You can create a cluster, redundant devices, or a single edge device. Juniper SD-WANs are self-configured and require you to bring your own license. This topic demonstrates how to create a single Juniper device.
Before creating your Juniper SD-WAN in Network Edge, do the following in Juniper’s Contrail Service orchestrator:
Upload the license file to generate a bootstrap configuration of the device.
Provide the user name and public key for accessing the device.
Apply an ACL that supports UDP destination ports 500 & 4500, and TCP port destination 7894. This ACL is necessary to make sure the vSRX SD-WAN is accessible by the orchestrator.
Finalize the device. It can take several minutes for the device to be active and visible on the orchestrator. Do not make any changes during this time.
Sign into the device and start an SFTP service. This allows the orchestrator to push the template file to the vSRX instance.
Select the template SRX as SD-WAN CPE then clone it to create your own configuration.
This topic demonstrates how to create a single Juniper SD-WAN device.
Create Juniper SD-WAN
- Sign in to Equinix Fabric..
- From the Network Edge menu, select Create Virtual Device.
- In the Select Vendor Packages for your Devices section, locate the Juniper vSRX SD-WAN card and click See Description.
- Click Select and Continue.
- Review the prerequisites and click Create SD-WAN Device.
- Click Create Single Edge Device.
- Click Begin Creating Edge Device(s).
- In the Select Metro section, click a location.
- Select a billing account.
In order to create a device in a specific metro location, you need a billing account for the metro. You can continue without selecting an account, but you won’t be able to create your device.
Click Next: Device Details.
Device Configuration defaults to Self-configured. Licensing defaults to Bring your own License.
- Upload your license file.
Select the Device Resources (2 cores, 4GB memory; 5 cores, 8GB memory; or 9 cores, 16GB memory).
The Software Package defaults to Standard.
Select a Software Version.
Enter the details for you device:
- Device Name – Enter a name for the device.
- Host Name Prefix – Enter a host name prefix for the primary device.
- In the Interfaces drop-down menu, select the number of interfaces.
- In the Device Status Notifications box, enter the email addresses of anyone who should receive email notifications regarding device status.
- (Optional) In the Optional Details box, enter the Purchase Order Number and Order Reference/Identifier.
- In the Term Length drop-down menu, select a term length.
- Click Next: Additional Services to configure additional services:
- Add Users – Enter the user names for users accessing your virtual device(s) through SSH/HTTPS.
SSH Public Keys – Generate a public key and enter it in the Existing Public Keys field.
- Diverse Compute from an Existing Single Device – If you already have another single device and you want this new device to exist in a different plane, click Select Diverse From and select the existing device.
- Add Access IP Addresses – Select an access control list template.
- Additional Internet Bandwidth – Add up to 2001 additional Mbps of internet bandwidth (for a fee).
Term Length – Select a term length. The default is one month.
Note: Applying an ACL template is a mandatory step in the device creation process. If you need to create a template to apply to your device, click Create Access Control List Template. See Configure Access Controls on Virtual Devices for more information.