A Check Point CloudGuard Firewall can be created on Network Edge.
- Log in to the Equinix Fabric Portal.
- On the Network Edge menu, select Create Virtual DeviceThe Virtual Device is the software image that launches on the Network Edge platform when a user selects a device, such as a router or firewall. This image is generally specific to a vendor and a specific device ID that the vendor has integrated with the Equinix platform. From this Virtual Device, you can create connections like you would from a port on Equinix Fabric..
- In the Single Virtual Device card, click Create a Single Virtual Device.
- Click Begin Creating Virtual Device(s).
- In the Select VendorA vendor is the company, manufacturer, or owner of a specific device that can be deployed. Each vendor can have one or more devices offered on Network Edge, and the vendor usually has a uniform licensing model and other services for their library of available devices. Package(s) for your Device(s) section, locate the Check Point card and click See Description.
- Click Select and Continue.
- In the Select Metros section, click a location.
- In the Select Billing Account section, select a billing account in the Your accounts in this metro drop-down menu.
You can continue without selecting an account, but you will not be able to create your device.
- If you require a separate location for the high availability device than the one selected above, click Select a separate location for the high availability device.
- Click Next: Device Details.
Device Configuration will default to Self-Configured. Licensing will default to Bring your own LicenseMost virtual devices require a license from the vendor to deploy and operate the device. It comes with certain settings, such as maximum throughput and speeds, operating system, and other parameters. Individual vendors might use specific license types or terms, and users are encouraged to consult the vendor documentation to learn more about their options..
Select the Device Resources (2 cores, 8GB memory; 4 cores, 8GB memory; or 8 cores, 16GB memory).
The Software Package will default to Standard. The Software Version will default to 80.40.
In the Virtual Device Details box, enter:
- Device Name – Enter a name for the device.
- Host Name – Enter a host name prefix for the primary device.
- In the Interfaces box:
- The drop-down menu will default to 8 interfaces (Default).
- Select your WAN/SSHSecure Shell is a protocol that allows you to directly connect to a device that supports and has enabled SSH. This allows you to access all features of a device, including those not supported from the portal or API, and make changes, manage, and observe and other activities. Caution: Users who connect to a device directly and make changes that are not tracked or possible from the portal or API, can cause some functions to fall out of sync or not work at all. Equinix cannot guarantee support and accuracy once this occurs. interface – Select an interface or let Network Edge choose one for you.
Note: Currently we don’t support e-sign or wet-sign of order terms for Network Edge Instance and license purchases. If you need to e-sign, contact sales. See Complete a Pending Order for more information.
- Click Create Virtual Device.