To create a Check Point CloudGuard Firewall:
- Log in to the Equinix Fabric portal
- From the Network Edge menu, select Create Virtual Device.
- In the Single Virtual Device card, click Create Single Edge Device.
- Click Begin Creating Edge Device(s).
- In the Select Vendor Package(s) for your Device(s) section, locate the Check Point card and click See Description.
- Click Select and Continue.
- In the Select Metro section, click a location.
- In the Select Billing Account section, select a billing account in the Your accounts in this metro drop-down menu.
You can continue without selecting an account, but you won’t be able to create your device.
- If you require a separate location for the high availability device than the one selected above, click Select a separate location for the high availability device.
Click Next: Device Details.
Device Configuration defaults to Self-configured. Licensing defaults to Bring your own License.
Select the Device Resources (2 cores, 8GB memory; 4 cores, 8GB memory; or 8 cores, 16GB memory).
The Software Package defaults to Standard. The Version defaults to 80.40.
In the Virtual Device Details box, enter:
- Device Name – Enter a name for the device.
- Host Name – Enter a host name prefix for the primary device.
- In the Interfaces box:
- The drop-down menu defaults to 8 interfaces (Default).
- Select your WAN/SSH interface – Select an interface or let Network Edge choose one for you.
- Diverse Compute from an Existing Single Device – If you already have another single device and you want this new device to exist in a different plane, click Select Diverse From and select the existing device.
- Add Access IP Addresses – Select an access control list template.
- Additional Internet Bandwidth – Add up to 2001 additional Mbps of internet bandwidth (for a fee).
Note: Applying an ACL template is a mandatory step in the device creation process. If you need to create a template to apply to your device, click Create Access Control List Template. See Configure Access Controls on Virtual Devices for more information.
- Click Create Edge Device.