With Smart Hands, you have access to our trained IBX technicians, who can:
- Provide on-site technical assistance and troubleshooting.
- Perform equipment installations.
- Remove and install interface cards.
- Test carrier circuits.
- Take inventory of equipment, take digital photos, and record serial numbers.
- Perform a power cycle on a router, server, or switch; soft-boot a server.
- Move equipment within your space and cabinets.
- Install ladder racking, pre-wire patch panels and equipment.
- Assemble, install, and maintain cabling.
- Verify cable integrity on installed media.
- Provide visual verifications.
- Install, replace, or remove equipment (router, switch card, disk drive, memory, etc.).
- Assist with conference room and AV equipment setup.
- Add, remove, or verify a demarcation.
- Assist with unboxing of equipment or shipment of equipment.
- Extend patch cables from the patch panel to the equipment.
submitted on an ad hoc basis, or scheduled in advance
set to occur one time, or on a recurring schedule
Tip: For a full list of services, see Smart Hands Order Types.
The standard turnaround time for Smart Hands services varies by IBX:
For 24/7 IBX sites, the turnaround time is 24 clock hours.
For non-24/7 IBX sites, the turnaround time is 24 business hours (three days).
Note: There are exceptions that might affect the turnaround time, such as when a physical or power audit is being performed, or during large rack-and-stack installations.
Tip: To see the operation times for a specific IBX, refer to IBX List / Smart Hands Availability.
Note: Some services can be expedited for an additional fee.
You can view various reports about your equipment (cage access logs, order history, maintenance notifications, and more).
Support plans are available, to help you save money over ad hoc services.