Network Edge customers can create a service profile that includes their devices. With a Network EdgeService Profile, you can enable other users (from other accounts) to find and connect to your NE devices. This topic also discusses private profiles versus public profiles.
Creating a NE Service Profile Video
- Sign in to Equinix Fabric.
- On the My Company menu, select Create a Service Profile.
- In the Network Edge Service card, click Create a Virtual Service.
- In the Service Profile Name field, enter a name for the service profile.
- In the Description box, enter a brief description of the service profile.
- In the Privacy Mode section, select Public or Private.
- If the service profile is Private, enter the email addresses of anyone who should have access to the service profile.
- In the Notifications section, enter the email address of anyone who should receive notifications about this profile.
- Click Next: Location.
- In the Add available locations section, click a location.
- Click Virtual Devices, Redundant Devices, or Clusters.
- In the Select Virtual Devices section, select the devices.
The devices you selected will display in the Selected Device(s) section.
Note: Only self-configured devices can be included in the service profile, therefore any Equinix-configured devices you have won’t display and can’t be selected.
- If you do not want customers to reach your location(s) through a different location, select the Disable remote connections checkbox.
- Click Next: Bandwidth.
- In the Select Connection Bandwidth section, determine connection speed limits for your subscribers.
- Click Delete next to any of the speeds listed.
- Click Add another speed if you want to add a speed that isn't listed.
Private vs. Public Service Profiles
Private profiles enable you to grant access (with an A-side service token) to specific Fabric customers, allowing them to view and connect to your service. You can also enable others to connect by editing your existing service profile and adding their email address. See Create Service Tokens for information about creating an A-side service token.
Note: Connections to private profiles are auto-approved and can be edited by any user associated with your company.
Public profiles allow any Equinix Fabric user to see your service profile and create a connection to it. Public profiles are visible on the Equinix external website. Once created, public profiles are submitted to Equinix for approval. Upon approval, they are available in the Equinix Fabric portal for other Equinix Fabric users to view and connect.