Create a Juniper vSRX Cluster
Clustering allows Network Edge customers to create an HA configuration, designating the devices as clustered so that certain activities are carried out as a single unit. Customers can also control which device is active at any given time.
This topic demonstrates how to create a Juniper vSRX cluster.
- Sign in to Equinix Fabric..
- From the Network Edge menu, select Create Virtual Device.
- In the Select Vendor Packages for your Devices section, locate the Juniper vSRX card and click See Description.
- Click Select and Continue.
- In the Cluster card, click Create a Cluster.
- Click Begin Creating Edge Device(s).
- In the Select Metro section, click a location.
- In the Select Billing Account section, select a billing account in the Your accounts in this metro drop-down menu.
In order to create a device in a specific metro location, you need a billing account for the metro. You can continue without selecting an account, but you won’t be able to create your device.
Click Next: Device Details.
Device Configuration defaults to Self-configured. Licensing defaults to Bring your own License.Note: Clustering is only supported on Self-Configured devices.
Upload your license files.
Select the Device Resources (2 cores, 4GB memory; 5 cores, 8GB memory; or 9 cores, 16GB memory).
The Software Package defaults to Standard.
Select a Software Version.
In the Create Cluster section, enter a cluster name in the Cluster Name field.
- In the Virtual Device Details box, enter:
- Device Name – Enter a name for the device.
- Primary Device Host Name – Enter a host name prefix for the primary device.
- Secondary Device Host Name – Enter a host name prefix for the secondary device.
- Automatically select the next available interface on my device(s) – Select if you want to use the next available interface.
- I will select an interface – Select if you want to specify an interface.
- Add Users – Add a user who will access your device through SSH/HTTPS.
- SSH Public Keys – Generate a public key and enter it in the Existing Public Keys field.
- Add Access IP Addresses – Select an access control list template for the primary and secondary devices.
- Additional Internet Bandwidth – Add up to 2001 additional Mbps of internet bandwidth (for a fee).
Term Length – Select a term length. The default is one month.
Note: Applying an ACL template is a mandatory step in the device creation process. If you need to create a template to apply to your device, click Create Access Control List Template. See Configure Access Controls on Virtual Devices for more information.
- Click Next: Review.
- In the Terms & Conditions box, click Review and Accept Order Terms.
- Select I have read and understand these terms and click Accept.
- Click Create Edge Device.
Important: If one or more devices in your cluster have to be deleted and re-created, the device(s) will have a new UUID. Manual intervention is necessary. You will have to associate the new UUID with your existing license.