Multi-Lateral Peering Exchange (MLPE) automates peering between open networks through route servers that benefit the new peering networks and existing participants.
- Support for IPv4 and IPv6 unicast routes
- Redundant route servers at each location
- Filters for false routes and participant advertisements implemented using Internet Routing Registry (IRR) tables
- Transparently removes the MLPE ASN hop
- BGP MD5 authentication
- BGP community-based filtering for route announcements and AS pre-pending
Working of Multi-Lateral Peering
- The same VLAN and IP are shared between bilateral peering and multi-lateral peering.
- The peering customer establishes eBGP sessions with Equinix redundant MLPE servers.
- You exchange routes with the MLPE servers.
MLPE server filters these routes using Internet Routing Registry Database (IRRDB) and Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI).