Equinix Internet Access Spotlight Video
Equinix Internet Access provides blended internet access using multiple tier-1 internet service providers (ISPs) and Equinix Internet Exchanges (IX) to deliver high availability, reliability, and speed. Equinix Internet Access also supports various protocols, including Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) and Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP), with static and direct routing over 1G, 10G, and 100G single- or dual-port connections.
Some highlights of Equinix Internet Access are:
- Flexible product configurations available for port speeds, static routing, or dynamic routing
- Built-in redundancy and consistent low latency services from direct fast-path connections to major content destinations like Dropbox, Office 365, and Zoom
- Scalable bandwidth and usage-based billing
- Guaranteed up-time with dual-port configurations that carry a 99.99% availability SLA, and single-port configurations that carry a 99.9% availability SLA
- Rich SaaS ecosystem available with highly localized access
- Simplified management with one invoice, real-time bandwidth reporting, and support available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- API approach to order Equinix Internet Access as a dedicated port
- Support for Equinix Fabric users to connect to the internet using the Fabric portal or the Internet Access API
Two Ways to Connect
You can set up Equinix Internet Access services through the Equinix Customer Portal by using a dedicated port, or through Equinix Fabric portal with a Fabric port. Or, use public APIs to connect to either type of Internet Access service.
Connect with a Dedicated Port
Connect with Fabric
To help you decide which version of Equinix Internet Access provides the features you need, the following table provides a comparison of key features.
|Specifications||With Dedicated Port||With Fabric Port|
|Port type||The entire port is used to provision the internet service.||The port can be used with other virtual connections to provision several services in addition to Internet Access.|
||5-10 minutes after submitting your order|
|Available metros||Available in over 50 metros||Available in over 30 metros, with more added every month|
|How to order||
To learn more about connecting your Internet Access service, see Order a Dedicated Port and Activate Service or Internet Connection with Fabric. For technical specifications, see the Equinix Internet Access data sheet.