Guided Ordering of Layer 3 Connections
Guided ordering helps you create Layer 3 connections. With ECX FabricECX Fabric is an advanced interconnection solution that improves performance by providing a direct, private network connection, you can create flexible Layer 3 solutions to best suit your network needs using a set of business objects that can be combined in a variety of ways.
For Layer 3 connection requests, the work flow is as follows:
- Select the desired service provider and Layer 3 service profile.
- Enter basic configuration details.
- Configure connection details.
- Review and submit your order.
Select the Service Provider and Layer 3 Service Profile
On the Connect page select a Service Provider from the three main options in the header.
Note: A message might prompt you to cancel the connection creation or redirect you to the Equinix Customer Portal to order a new port if you have limited port bandwidths or no available ports.
- Some service providers offer multiple services. Select the Service Profile you want to connect to, and click Create a ConnectionConnection is a general term that refers to any solution that results in the ability to pass data from one point to another. Connections can be made with Layer 2 or Layer 3 technology, may involve several parts or components and can be created from the portal or with APIs in a variety of ways..
Enter Basic Configuration Details
Select a port from a list of your ports available in your origin metro.
Note: With Equinix Network EdgeEquinix Network Edge is the latest offer in our interconnection portfolio and represents a significant leap in a customer's ability to deploy and manage network in a rapid on-demand way, you can use Virtual devices as an option to create Layer 3 connections.
Select a Policer for this location. Click Next.
Note: The speed limits provided by the service profile determines what connection speeds are offered. Select the policer you want for this connection.
Configure connection details. A routing Instance is needed for Layer 3 connections.
Note: If you already have a routing instance available, the required fields will pre-populate. If you do not have a RI, you are required to enter your ASN number and specify route type as public or private.
Click Create Routing Instance, if you have multiple Routing Instances available.
A new Routing Instance window appears. Enter the required details:
- Enter the Routing Instance name
- Specify the route type (Public or private)
- Enter the ASN number
- If you are using authentication, select the check box to enter Authentication KeyThe Authentication Key is a unique identifier authorizing Equinix to provision a connection towards the CSP. This Key usually contains alphanumeric characters. Note: to Equinix, an Authentication Key is a generic term and is not encrypted on ECX. Cloud Service Providers might use a different name to refer to the same key. For example: Azure ExpressRoute calls the authorization key the “service key” while AWS calls it the “account ID.”
Click Create Routing instance. A list of new Routing Instances appears. Select the new Routing Instance for details. A section Optional Network Services appear.
Network address translation (NAT) is a security service that can be enabled depending on the configuration of the IP block, routing instance, and service profile. This option can be mandatory, not required, or optional.
The Connection Summary provides the information necessary to make a connection request. Notifications about the connection are sent to the emails listed.
Note: You can add emails as required.
Once you have added all the selections and settings, you can preview the routing instance, connector and subscription details to confirm everything is correct before submitting the order.
The Pricing Overview Pane offers an option to download the Design Summary. When you are satisfied with the details, click Submit to complete your connection request.
An order confirmation page offers a preview of your submitted order. A confirmation email will be sent to you with the order details. You will receive a second email once the connection is provisioned.
From the suggested actions, you can choose from one of the following options:
- View this order in the Equinix Customer Portal
- Go to the Inventory page to view the connection details and status