The Customer-Equinix Relationship
SellersA seller is a user who makes their services available to end customers through ECX. This guide refers to sellers for shorthand, but ECX generally regards a “seller” as an activity rather than a static person. and CSPs provide their services through Cloud Exchange Fabric to resellers or Network Service Providers (NSPs) and Enterprises.
Resellers or network service providers (NSPs) are customers who purchase the services from Equinix and resell it to their customers. Reseller and sub-account support and port-level permissions have been added to the ECX Fabric Portal.
- On the Equinix Customer Portal (ECP), a reseller can add the customer account as a sub-account.
- All the connections created from a sub-account will be billed to the reseller.
- Reseller assigns the ports to the sub-accounts. Port-level permissions enable all customers to access port viewing and connection ordering.
- In the ECX Fabric Portal, a sub-account user can view, order and delete connection
- A reseller can order and delete a connection on behalf of the sub-account user.
- The user is able to view only the ports for which they have been granted permission.
In the ECX Fabric Portal, the NSPNetwork Service Provider master administrator can view, order and manage all the connections created by the NSP using the persona and sub-account persona switch.
When a reseller views as a sub-account, they can only view those ports assigned to the account. However, viewing as self will result in viewing all ports, but not the connections belonging to other sub-account users.