Equinix ConnectEquinix Connect is a way to connect to the Internet. You connect your equipment to an Equinix-provided router or switch by means of one or more physical cross connects. provides direct internet access if you have single or dual port connections from 100M to 10G (or 100G, which is available in select locations). Multiple large Internet Service Providers (ISPs) are used at every location to ensure redundancy. Equinix Connect supports various protocols, including Border Gateway Protocol (BGPBorder Gateway Protocol. A standardized exterior gateway protocol designed to exchange routing and reachability information between autonomous systems on the internet.), VRRP (static and direct), and Direct and Static routing.
Equinix Connect routers are connected to local Equinix Internet ExchangeEquinix Internet Exchange enables you to exchange internet traffic through public peering. (IX) switches that offer a shortcut to access local peers. This means optimal performance which isn't possible from a third-party ISP.
Some important features of Equinix Connect are:
- Flexible product configurations
- Built-in redundancy and consistent low latency services
- Scalable bandwidth with traffic bursting and usage-based billing
- Guaranteed up-time with multi-homed configurations that carry a 99.99% availability SLA
- Rich SaaSSoftware as a Service ecosystem available with highly localized access
- Simplified management with one invoice, real-time bandwidth reporting, and support available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
Internet Access Types
Equinix offers two main types of internet access:
- Primary Internet Service - Primary internet service gives you a high bandwidth connection and optimized connections to local SaaS providers.
- Secondary Internet Service - Secondary or backup service gives you a low bandwidth connection to manage and monitor your infrastructure. It's a redundant connection to the primary internet connection.
See the Equinix Connect data sheet for more specifications.