Equinix ConnectEquinix Connect is a turnkey solution for customers to connect to the Internet. The customer will connect their equipment to an Equinix-provided router or switch by means of one or more physical cross connects provides internet access in our Equinix International Business Exchange (IBX) data centers. It is designed to fulfill the bandwidth requirements of co-location customers looking for a one-stop shopping solution within the Equinix IBX. It makes internet access easy on Platform Equinix with flexible bandwidth choices, and quick provisioning.
Equinix Connect routers are connected to local Equinix Internet ExchangeEquinix Internet Exchange enables customers to exchange internet traffic through public peering on the largest peering platform in the world (IX) switches. This provides a direct channel to you, and selected providers resulting in lower latency, and better performance than other connections.
Equinix Connect includes:
- Flexible product configurations
- Built-in redundancy and consistent low-latency services
- An easy scalable bandwidth with traffic bursting, and usage-based billing
- Multi-homed configurations that carry a 99.9999% availability SLA
- Rich SaaS ecosystem available through Equinix Connect with highly localized access
- Simplified management with one invoice, real-time bandwidth reporting, and support available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
Internet Access Types
Following are the types of internet access offered by Equinix:
- Primary Internet Service - Primary service provides you with high bandwidth connection and optimized connections to local SaaS providers.
- Secondary Internet Service - Secondary or backup service provides you a redundant connection to the primary internet connection.
See the Equinix Connect data page for data sheets.