Enable Email-based Authentication
Email-based authentication replaces user name-based authentication. It enables access to new Equinix Identity and Access Management features. Now, you can link user accounts to conveniently switch between accounts without having to re-login.
Important: Email-based authentication is available to users meeting the following criteria:
● Your organization doesn't use multi-factor authentication.
● You have only one portal account.
● Your organization doesn't have a list of allowed IP addresses configured.
● Your account doesn't use password expiry or re-use policy.
● Your account doesn't use federated authentication services.
● Your account isn't a service account that's used for API integration purposes.
● Your email address is masked.
● You are not a DGIT customer.
Warning: After enabling this feature, you can't log in using your user name.
To enable email based authentication:
Log in to any Equinix portal using your user name.
On the Simple and Secure Sign In page, enter your email address and click Send Verification.
Note: This page is displayed each time you log in.
Enter the verification code you received in an email and click Verify Email.
Enter a password that meets the password security criteria, repeat the password, then click Create Password.
Click Confirm Change to complete the process.
Click Continue to Portal to navigate to the portal.