Release Notes 6.1
Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric's December 7, 2018 ECX 6.1 deployment delivers a set of features and bug fixes over its predecessor release ECX 6.0.3.
Some highlights of the release include:
- Improved self-service password recovery
- Enhanced service definition options for Layer 3 services
- Flexible Ethernet interconnection options
- Other enhancements and bug fixes
This release delivers enhancements to 4 main areas of our Portal:
This release includes displaying proper localized contents, Service Profile names in the create corrections flow, and improved search capabilities. Additionally, the user login experience has been improved to address password self-recovery.
Layer 3 profiles can include custom fields
Layer 3 profiles now have the ability to add in custom information fields for buyersA buyer is a user who connects to an available service through ECX. A buyer can be an enterprise end customer of the seller service or an aggregator, managed service provider, network service provider or system integrator company that bundles its service offerings with ECX. to complete. Examples could include:
- Email notification preferences
- Service description
- Other fields
This new functionality allows buyers and sellersA seller is a user who makes their services available to end customers through ECX. This guide refers to sellers for shorthand, but ECX generally regards a “seller” as an activity rather than a static person. to share more information with each other.
Spine Leaf Port Group Relaxation
As part of the development on the spine and leaf architectural support, primary and secondary connections will no longer be restricted to the same port group. All ports will now be treated as part of the same group, and configured by priority.
NPA Changes for Layer 3
Layer 3 subscriptions can now view key troubleshooting details without having to login and run commands in routers. You will be able to more quickly view the following:
- A-side and Z-side BGPBorder Gateway Protocol. A standardized exterior gateway protocol designed to exchange routing and reachability information between autonomous systems on the internet status under connector details for Layer 3 Subscription Validation by selecting the UUID under the EPN Manager Field
- A-Side and Z-side Port Cross ConnectA Cross Connect is a point-to-point cable link between two customers in the same Equinix IBXdata center. With cross connects customers receive a fast, convenient and affordable integration with business partners and service providers within the Equinix digital ecosystem. They also get highly reliable, extremely low-latency communication, system integration and data exchange ID in the Connector Details
- A-Side and Z-side Port interface states in the Connector Details
Customer Notification of Service Provider Errors
Customers will now be notified of relevant errors from Service Providers by email so they can better prepare and remedy the situation.
Spine-Leaf Support - Support for NAT from another Metro
Spine leaf architecture will involve dedicated Network Address Translation (NAT) devices with more scalability between Metros.
Manual Approval of Layer 3 Subscriptions
All layer 3 subscription requests must now be manually approved before they are provisioned. Providers can now offer an optional note about why a connection has been rejected or accepted.
Disparate Port Tag Handling
Customers with .1q ports will now be able to group connections when connecting to service providers with QinQ Ports.
Security questions and answers for first time ECXF users
New users signing up for ECX FabricECX Fabric is an advanced interconnection solution that improves performance by providing a direct, private network connection will now be asked to set security questions for their account. This will allow users to self recover passwords in case they are locked out.
Network Edge Integration with ECX (Available to Beta users only)
Network Edge is a service that enables you to deploy virtual devices on platform Equinix to extend your network functions. This innovative service is currently in Beta testing with features and locations expanding often. If you'd like to learn more about participating in the beta program, please contact your Sales Representative, CSM or register here.