This article provides a tour of the key features and elements on your Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric™ (ECX FabricECX Fabric is an advanced interconnection solution that improves performance by providing a direct, private network connection™) Dashboard page.
Your dashboard is the first page you see when you log in to ECX Fabric. It is tailored to provide a dynamic, at-a-glance experience, and you can use the landing page as your home base.
Portal information is presented visually to let you track and monitor your ports, connections and cloud service locations quickly and easily.
Use the navigation bar at the top of your screen to move between these key pages:
- My Company—Manage your organization’s profile. As a CSP, you can create and manage your service profiles
- Inventory—View and manage your connections and ports
- Support—Access the documentation center, submit a trouble ticket, or send feedback
- Create a ConnectionConnection is a general term that refers to any solution that results in the ability to pass data from one point to another. Connections can be made with Layer 2 or Layer 3 technology, may involve several parts or components and can be created from the portal or with APIs in a variety of ways.—Create new connections
- Your Name—Log out of your profile or to change your password
Tip: The Equinix logo in the top left corner of every page brings you back to your dashboard.
The welcome header provides a high-level overview of your connections and pending approvals. Since the “Dashboard” page is a launch point for creating connections, you can click the Create a Connection button to access the “Connect” page.
Important for You
This section of the header only displays cards when ECX Fabric wants to call your attention to decisions that require your response, such as connection requests or service profile reviews. The buttons nested within each card are tailored to the specific decisions you need to make, and your portal activity determines which cards you receive.
You can find a great deal of information in each card:
The card includes a timestamp for the connection request, as well as identifies origin and destination locations. Icons appear in the top right corner of a connection card, and each card serves as an entry point to more detailed information about the request.
- House icon—Indicates that the card represents a CSP-side connection. If any action is required, another icon displays in the top right corner of the card.
- Tooltip—Hover over an item to reveal the tooltip.
The news carousel provides notifications and information about any new releases, features and planned maintenance for ECX Fabric. This is also a great place to learn about new opportunities that can enable you to leverage ECX Fabric to grow your business.
Your portal activity determines which cards are grouped on your dashboard. These cards are grouped in a multiple-layout collection. Each card lets you quickly distill key content and serves as an entry point to more detailed information.
For instance, these cards let you view your company’s total number of ECX Fabric ports turned up, connections provisioned and cloud services available at each of your locations. This information is organized by global regions: Americas (AMER), Asia-Pacific (AP), and Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA).