Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric
Improving Enterprise Hybrid and Multi-cloud Performance through Direct Interconnection
Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric (ECX FabricECX Fabric is an advanced interconnection solution that improves performance by providing a direct, private network connection) enables enterprises to do more in the cloud by providing secure, direct, flexible network connections to a wide range of cloud service providers globally. Our interconnected approach allows you to boost cloud application performance, reduce latency, and improve scale, network control, and visibility to deliver a quality cloud experience to your end users.
Equinix offers a robust platform that solves digital disruption with interconnection-first strategies. ECX Fabric is an advanced interconnection solution that improves performance by providing a direct, private network connection. It provides consistent throughput to cloud services and minimizes network latency when deployed close to the cloud service provider edge within a Performance Hub™.
Additionally, ECX Fabric delivers improved scalability that enables your enterprise to increase bandwidth, expand geographical reach and easily grow the number of directly connected clouds within your network infrastructure. It enables your enterprise to directly control network connections to clouds at a granular level by enabling you to quickly provision or modify network connections to cloud providers in near real-time through a portal or APIs.
ECX Fabric architecture is built on dual Juniper MX960 switches in each market. It is built as an API-first with API-gateway and microservices architecture. Connections can be either Ethernet/Layer 2 or Layer 3.
- Connect to more clouds—connect directly and privately to more of the cloud providers you use every day. ECX Fabric has 70+ of the top cloud and IT service providers in 25+ markets globally
- Obtain easy access to multicloud—gain automated, near real-time provisioning to multiple cloud service providers
- Increase security—build a more secure application environment by deploying applications within your data center’s local area network
- Improve performance—improve cloud application performance and reduce latency by extending your private network into Equinix and connecting directly to the digital edge of your cloud service providers through Equinix Cloud Exchange
- Reduce cost—lower your total cost of private network connectivity to cloud service providers
- Gain control—The Cloud Exchange Portal includes a customer dashboard that shows realtime port traffic
Why Interconnection at Equinix?
- World’s largest cloud ecosystem—With 2,750 cloud & IT service providers, Equinix is the logical place for your enterprise as you increasingly adopt cloud services
- Global reach—Equinix expands your market reach with 44 major metro areas across the world with more than 175 data centers
Deep expertise and experience—Equinix Professional Services provides expert consulting services such as assessment, architecture and implementation, including complete setup and configuration necessary to activate your connection to the cloud from the company that has been there from the start.
ECX Fabric Cloud Exchange Availability
ECX Fabric is available in 25+ markets globally. For a detailed list of providers in your area see our ECX Fabric Provider Availability.
This portal can be accessed via current versions of the following browsers:
Note: Internet Explorer and browsers not listed above are not currently supported on this portal.